The library started in 1929 with 1,000 books donated by the metropolitan, head of the Ukrainian Catholic Church from 1901 to 1944. The bombardment of the Nazi Army during World War II ruined the library. The revival started in 1995, and, with the help of friends in Rome, Belgium, and Germany, by 2000 the library had 35,000 volumes. Now there are some 160,000 books and 2,600 periodical titles.
These days, in addition to printed volumes, at the library students can access numerous international electronic resources, as well.
Students can pick up a book in the social sciences, art, applied sciences, the humanities, theology, business, and many other fields.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of his ordination as a priest in May 2021, Fr. Michael Perry, a longtime friend of UCU and UCEF, is asking friends and relatives to make a donation to UCEF to support the library
You, too, can donate to the UCU Library. Click HERE
and write “for the UCU Library” in the notes section.